Lumipulse® G SARS-CoV-2 Ag
For in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use with the Lumipulse G system for detection and quantitative measurement of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen in human nasopharyngeal swab or saliva. As a diagnostic tool for the confirmation of a SARS-CoV-2 infection.
The assay utilises proven CLEIA (chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay) technology with results that are available in up to 35 minutes.
Product number 260340
Product number 231869
Click here to navigate
- Conditions of sale
- Related products
- Product inquiry
The 2019 novel coronavirus infection disease (COVID-19) is caused by the novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).1,2 In December 2019, the Health Commission of the City of Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, reported multiple pneumonia patients with unknown cause. On January 7th 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced that the National Health Commission of China identified a new type of coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2.3 The WHO declared a COVID-19 pandemic on March 11th 2020 due to the worldwide spread of novel coronavirus infection.4
To detect the virus, lower respiratory tract specimen, nasopharyngeal swab fluid and saliva of the patient are shown to be reliable samples for the detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.5,6 In general, the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection is made by molecular detection of the SARS-CoV-2 genes. Although nucleic acid-based tests can detect SARS-CoV-2 gene with high sensitivity, it is restricted by the needs of special equipment and turnaround time. Lumipulse G SARS-CoV-2 Ag is useful as a diagnostic tool for the confirmation of a SARS-CoV-2 infection by detecting the SARS-CoV-2 antigen.
Lumipulse G SARS-CoV-2 Ag is an assay system, including a set of immunoassay reagents, for the quantitative measurement of SARS-CoV-2 antigen in specimens based on CLEIA technology7 by a specific two-step immunoassay method on the LUMIPULSE G System.
See the Lumipulse G SARS-CoV-2 Ag at work in German airports:
- Wu F, et al. A new coronavirus associated with human respiratory disease in China Nature, 579: 265-269, 2020.
- Coronaviridae Study Group of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. The species Severe acute respiratory syndromerelated coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-Nat Microbiol, 5: 536-544, 2020.
- WHO website ”Rolling updates on coronavirus disease(COVID-19)” (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen) Medical Research and Development.
- WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 11 March 2020 (https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-sopening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---11-march-2020)
- Di Gennaro F, et al. Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) Current Status and Future Perspectives: A Narrative Review. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 17: 2690, 2020.
- Iwasaki S, et al. Comparison of SARS-CoV-2 detection in nasopharyngeal swab and saliva [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jun 4]. J Infect. 2020;S0163-4453(20)30349-2. doi:10.1016/j.jinf.2020.05.071.
- Nishizono I, et al. Rapid and sensitive chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay for measuring tumor markers. Clin Chem, 37: 1639-1644, 1991.
Conditions of sale
To read the end user conditions of sale for this product please visit our Resource center.
Other documentsFileLumipulse G SARS-Cov-2 Ag leaflet.pdf (pdf, 742.57 kb)File
Lumipulse G SARS-CoV-2 Ag was the first high-sensitive nucleocapsid protein antigen assay launched on a fully automated chemiluminescent platform.
May 27, 2021
Since November 2020 Fujirebio Europe and CENTOGENE have partnered to leverage LUMIPULSE® G technology for large-scale COVID-19 antigen testing in...
May 11, 2021
During this webinar Dr. Francesco Bonella (MD - Center for Interstitial & Rare Lung Disease, Department of Pulmonology, Ruhrlandklinik University...
Oct 19, 2020
How does the coronavirus disease Covid-19 impact Fujirebio's operations?
Please see the following statement on the impact of coronavirus disease Covid-19 on the operations of Fujirebio Europe (updated January 19, 2021).
Lumipulse® SARS-CoV-2 Ag Controls
Product number 231876 -
These controls are intended for use as an assayed quality control material to monitor the precision of laboratory testing procedures for the analysis of SARS-CoV-2 antigen on the LUMIPULSE G System.CE marked
Lumipulse® G SARS-CoV-2 S-IgG
Product number 232231 -
Lumipulse G SARS-CoV-2 S-IgG is an assay system, including a set of immunoassay reagents, for the quantitative measurement of IgG-type antibodies SARS-CoV-2 spike protein (SARS-CoV-2 S-IgG) in specimens based on CLEIA technology by a specific two-step immunoassay method on the LUMIPULSE G System.CE marked
iAMP COVID-19 Detection Kit
Product number 80767, 80762 -
Qualitative nucleic acid detection of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) on naso- or oropharyngeal swabs without pre-treatment.CE marked
iAMP COVID-19 SANO Assay
Product number 81104, 80762, 80812 -
Qualitative detection of nucleic acid from the SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal swabs, oropharyngeal swabs and saliva specimens from individuals with signs and symptoms of infection who are suspected of COVID-19.CE marked
Product number 231906 -
Immunochromatographic assay for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen directly from nasopharyngeal swab fluid and is intended for use as an aid in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection.CE marked
Lumipulse® G KL-6 (Krebs von den Lungen)
Product number 233207 -
Immunoreaction cartridges for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) use with the LUMIPULSE G System for the quantitative measurement of sialylated carbohydrate antigen, KL-6 in serum or plasma.CE marked
IL-6 (Interleukin) LPG
Product number 293423 -
For research use with the LUMIPULSE G system for the quantitative measurement of IL-6 in serum or plasma.For research use only
Product number 232002 -
A robust, mid-sized and fully automated chemiluminescent enzyme immunoassay (CLEIA) system from the already widely successful LUMIPULSE series.CE marked